Thursday, March 3, 2016

Back to the Metal...at least for now!

by Staci Louise Smith

I have been working with my polymer and wire so much, that I haven't made time to get into the metal studio (that is, the other side of the studio for me).  

Man, do I ever miss it!  I have accumulated quite a few cabs this year.  I have bought lots of silver since the price is down, and I am determined to make some really fun rings and necklaces in silver!

I know I still won't have a lot of time to work on metal with Spring
Bead Fest around the corner (I need to prepare my classes!) but I am hopping to have some playtime to get back in the game.

I thought this would be a good time to remind you all that we have quite a few tutorials and such on wire work, cold connections and soldering.  We also have some on cleaning your metal, patina......you name it, we may have a little something on it.  

You can check our tutorials tab to browse!

Here are a few that I think are very informative when starting out, or in my case, starting again after a LONG hiatus! 

Here is one on how to set a tube rivet from Patti V!


Balled Head pins is always a good one to know!!
And I think you learn a lot about heat and your torch when you make them



Here are some liver of sulfur tips as well!!!


So I hope that you can find some useful information here to help you in your studio endeavors.  I will keep you all posted as to my metal playtime progress.

DON'T FORGET THAT WE HAVE THE DAVID BOWIE BLOG HOP HERE ON March 10th!!!

Have fun and create something inspired by Bowie, a song of his, or just something you think he'd wear or be happy to see on someone.  Be bold, be fun.....reach for the stars!

Hope to see you here!!

1 comment:

jasdeep@jewellery lover said...

very nice post.... I will give FOUR STAR to your blog

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...