Friday, March 4, 2016

A Colorful Follow Up

by Sherri Stokey

Do you remember a couple weeks ago when I did a post on requesting custom pieces for your art jewelry and I gave you a couple of examples?  You can review that post here, if you're so inclined, or I can give you a photo recap:



Are those ringing any bells?  I've been like a fat kid in a candy store since then.  I've finished three micro macrame bracelets using the raku pieces from Valerie from Clay for a Cure:



And I've finished three using the bracelet bars from Sue of Star Spirit Studio:


You know how when you're eating something really, really tasty like the most awesome chocolate cake in the world and before you've even finished the piece you're eating, you're plotting how you can get another piece without looking like a pig?  No?  That's just me?  Thanks, guys, for leaving me hanging on that one.  Then just imagine you know what it feels like, 'cause that's what I'm like with these raku pieces.  I can't knot fast enough!

It's the colors, I think, that make me crazy (think cat with catnip).  There are so many different colors in each piece ranging from coppery orange to deep fuchsia to teal and olive green.  And just about everything in between, if you look close enough.

I'd like to write more and connect all these random thoughts and expound on some deep theories for you, but honestly, I'd rather be knotting.  So much to do!  And I still need to finish a piece for the David Bowie Blow Hop - is yours ready?



4 comments:

Anvil Artifacts said...

Your raku macrame bracelets are stunning! Absolutely gorgeous!

fairiesmarket said...

It just keeps getting better and better.

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous!

stacilouise said...

I love raku. And these pieces you created around those raku focals do NOT dissapoint! I love your color sense!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...