Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beadfest Burnout

by Staci L. Smith

Well, here I am, still frantically getting ready for Bead Fest Philly.  It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't waited to make beads until 3 weeks before the show.  
 
I am feeling burnt out.  I get the feeling I am not alone, from the posts I am seeing from others making endless amounts of beads for your fondling and buying pleasure!
 
I do feel I am over the hump though, and plan to sleep a little more, after all, I want to enjoy the show, enjoy my friends, and enjoy meeting new customers and friends.
 
Remember all those white unpainted polymer beads?????
Well, they are painted, sealed and the steel wire is waxed.  They are ready to be priced.  That is a huge relief.   







 

 
Bronze needs some finishing yet, but it is in process, and that is good.
 
I also want to make some more jewelry samples, because I think its important to show how my beads can be used.  Jewelry always seems to draw me into a booth. 
 
I didn't just want to have pieces by me, so I asked our own Carol Dean Sharpe of Sandfibers if she'd do me the honor of seed beading one of my donuts, because I know she shares my love of donuts (and her work is amazing!). 
 
She sent me these pictures, and I am over the moon excited about it! 
 

 
 
 
 
She used 8/o Japanese seed beads in matte grey and bronze and permanent finish galvanized pewter to work her magic!  I cannot wait to hold it.  I bet it feels amazing.
 
So that is all I have folks.  I am surrounded by half finished beads, a messy house and lots to do yet. 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Love everything Staci!! Wish I could join you there!! That necklace is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shel said...

Oh, I'd love to go to bead fest to see all your beads in person - they look awesome. And Carol's necklace is just - wow!! Amazing!

LisaS said...

What a beautiful necklace!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Looks great! Glad to see that you're going round the bend and heading into the finishing stretch! Love that necklace from Carol - Will look to see it on display!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...