Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting for the ball (not to drop)........

Since there wasn't much going on, I thought I would find myself a nice tree limb to rest on while I waited for my friend to join me.....

It's a semi-long story. My friend Lucy didn't make it through production quite as easily as I did. While the artist worked so hard at getting her just the right shoes, they kept falling off. I guess that is what happens when you are learning to do something that is new to you or even doing something that you have not done in a very long time.

The good news is that Lucy will not be given up on! Later this week, she will join me on someone's ears and we will be able to travel together forever.....



Here Lucy is before being disassembled.... Her legs (and arms) got a wee bit short in the balled headpin process.



And.... here are some attempts that failed.....

headpin attempt at the bottom of a bowl of water.....


Moral of the story: Well there's a few.....

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Practice makes perfect.
Patience is a virtue.
Learn from your mistakes.....

I could go on and on, but I think you get my message. Have you been experimenting with balled headpins?

I was definitely inspired by Barbara's post on how to make rose colored headpins. I decided to break out the wire and bring back some little people that I have not made in a long time. What have you been making? Feel free to leave comments sharing your experience and you can also upload your pictures to share here.

As always, thank-you for supporting those who create handmade and those who create using handmade,

MaryAnn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Lucy! She looks like she's balancing a basket on her head. Thanks for sharing your lessons learned...we all benefit.

Mystic Indigo said...

Lucy is awesome!!

aneri_masi said...

Lucy is so very beautiful and spunky :)

Kelli said...

:) ADORABLE!! :)

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...