Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Resetting in 2015

Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are officially over and the dust is starting to settle, I'd like to get reacquainted with you all!

Many people don't like to make resolutions or goals, but I always find it a good to reset. Whether you have concrete goals or just like to choose a word to focus on....or simply have a list of things you'd like to accomplish, I hope this year brings fruition to your heart's desires.

Over my show season this past holiday, I decided that one of my goals in the new year would be to make more videos and take more pictures of my process. My work tends to focus on using a lot of second hand or seemingly worthless objects and elevating them in my jewelry.

A good example of this is my penny charms. I really wanted a way that those who follow me could see a part of the process so that they could relate it to what they are seeing in person.



I made this simple time lapse video to showcase the first part of the process. I'm still learning about producing videos like this but I hope to keep refining my skills and making more videos from the studio.



How Barbara creates a unique charm from a real copper penny. from Barbara Bechtel on Vimeo.

No comments:

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...