Monday, July 7, 2014

Wrap It- Layers are IN

by Staci L. Smith


I am getting ready for my last jewelry show until the fall, and I am really not feeling the bracelets this year.

Yet, I want to have some for my customers who prefer bracelets.  I really like the new layered look, of boho bracelets- some in leather, some stacked, ect....lots of beads.....

I really like these by Mossy Creek Studio



and these by Twinkling of an Eye


And our own Barb B. has been making some great metal bangles to stack and layer (if you want to make them too, our Karen McGovern did a tutorial here)



You can find Barbs goodies here at Second Surf

 So, I thought I'd try my own version.

I got out a selection of beads, my waxed linen cord, and got to work on my floor- while catching up on some shows.




I made sure to string a variety of shapes and textures, while keeping the colors to my favorite Boho color range, with lots of orange thrown in!  I used a lot of seed beads so they wouldn't get too chunky.  I also added at least one donut bead to each bracelet, just to break up the straight stringing of beads.





I am pretty happy with them.  They feel good, are adjustable, and can be worn as a necklace as well.






Do you have a favorite stacked bracelet style?  

Feel free to try out this wrap around style.  They are really fun to make, and to wear!
Enjoy!




5 comments:

Shirley said...

You know, it really makes such a difference to show a piece on the arm. I could so clearly see all the beautiful stones you used. I am rather thrilled over the stacked look as well, but mine are running towards several kumihimo braids on my arm, along with some skinny herringbone to create my stacked look. Best of luck at the show!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

These are pretty cool. I like the wrapped bracelets as I'm not too keen on bangles. Hope your sales are through the roof.

Karen Z said...

I love how each of them can stand alone...but stacked they are absolutely stunning! I envy your stash too LOL

Shai Williams said...

I am not usually too big on bracelets but I saw a tutorial for some and have been stuck there ever since. I prefer the wrap ones because they are so comfortable and don't get in the way while I am working.

Barbara said...

I love making the beaded pieces that are versatile so it can be worn as a necklace or a wrap! <3

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...