Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I *Heart* Color

Color.
Glorious color.
How drab our world would be without it.

Color is what attracted me to seed beads. It's what attracted me to counted cross stitch. It's what attracted me to quilting. To crocheting. To knitting.

I will never run out of possible new pieces to bead up. Even if I were limited to using only one design. Don't believe me?  Here are a few of the iterations Bargello Hearts has seen over the years:







And within just the last month, I got to work on variations of the "narrow" version of the same design.


One customer knew exactly what four colors she wanted me to use in hers, but I showed her two different options for color placement:


Her choice:

That same customer wanted the design in pale greys as well. That was a real challenge:


But I think we got it "just right" in the end.


What do I love most about my job?  I think it may be that I get to spend my days playing with color.

Be well and get going!
Carol Dean Sharpe

7 comments:

NEDbeads said...

Every single one is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you play with your colors, CD, each combination says something different to me, but they all rock. I especially love my blue and silver one, of course!!! Lucky, lucky me!!!! :) I am thrilled beyond words to have one of your pieces.

Unknown said...

Yes every one is stunning and since I am still working on perfecting my abilities in interpreting your amazing patterns I now have so much more inspiration!

Unknown said...

These are amazing! Love your use of subtle colours!

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Carol, you have such a subtle eye and make such fantastically wearable work. Does not surprise me that color is your muse. You use is so very well!

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Beautiful, beautiful colors! I love them all.

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Beautiful! The variety is amazing.

DVArtist said...

Wonderful post Carol. Some of my students have a hard time with color and color placement. It is the one class that is filled every time I offer it. This is a great example of the use of color.
Nicole/Beadwright

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...