Friday, August 30, 2013

Back from Bead Fest

by Staci L. Smith

Since I did post after post about Genea and I doing Bead Fest, I thought I owed you a follow up.
 
There was so much work involved in making it happen.........but it all came together, and it was amazing.  We are now thoroughly exhausted.
 
Meeting and spending the weekend with Genea was awesome.  It got a blog all its own.  You can read about that here.


 It took us about 3 hours to go from empty spot to final set up.

 
 
We were still in awe of the fact that we were here, doing Bead Fest together when we took this pic.
 
 
 
 Here is Genea and Ricky at her booth
 
 
Here I am at mine
 
 
I am truly a people person, and so, being able to meet friends in person, customers, blog readers, and complete strangers, and talk beads and jewelry making, it was amazing. 
 
picture from the bead swap Diana P. does every August
 
 
It also got my juices flowing about teaching again.  I pulled out wire more then once to show people how to do things, I just love it.  Thinking of submitting to teach next year.
 
And I sold beads.  It felt so good, to sell my art, to be able to do what I love. 
picture by Diana P of Suburban Girl Studio
 
Speaking of beads, there was lots of trading that went on.  You can read about the stash I came home with here.
 
If you want the whole summary of the journey- beginning to end, with lots of pictures, click here.
 
Yes, there was so much to process, it took me three posts, and 4 days to get through it all.  I am still processing.
 
Thanks to everyone who has encouraged us through this process.  It was wonderful and Genea and I plan to do this again next year for sure!
 
 
 


2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm amazed you did all that plus get the kids off to their first day of school the very next day! That was a lot of work. Glad you got to go and sell and have a great time!

DVArtist said...

There is nothing quite like a big bead show. The energy level is almost to much. LOL
Glad you had fun. Hmm think it was more than fun right? LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...