Tuesday, December 11, 2012

We are lucky to be able to make our own jewelry. It's fun to pick out a new outfit and then make a necklace to match. It's even better to be challenged with someones work and make it your own. 

I met fellow artist Kristi Bowman a couple of weeks ago online. She had been looking at some beads of mine and I had been looking at her wonderful copper components on her Etsy store.


So we exchanged info and I sent her these beads. They are great beads and I couldn't wait to see what she was going to make.





 So I was more than tickled pink when I saw her design. I love the way she set them. The hole is set on the side which makes it perfect for the copper components she used.
So I had been looking at these wonderful bails and put my mind to what kind of bead to make. I didn't want to take away from the design but to complement it.
So that's the fun part. I made a couple of different kind of beads some more elaborate and others more simple. I chose a more simple bead so not to take away from the design. I am happy with how it turned out.

It was so nice to meet another artist online and I had such a great time. I have some other goodies I have my eye on so I am excited to get back on the torch.

 

13 comments:

mairedodd said...

absolutely beautiful libby! what a great fit you are together... seriously, they are all wonderful!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Gorgeous!! I've been so excited to see what you created, I love it!!

Unknown said...

I love it when artist's collaborate!!! All are gorgeous!

Cyndi J said...

Beautiful marriage of components and beads from two talented artists.

Julie Holmes said...

Gorgeous!!!

stacilouise said...

Oooh- love that necklace:) great combos! I love collaborating.

SueBeads said...

BOTH are fantastic! Because you BOTH make such beautiful things!

ciaolucia said...

Both are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Perfect compliment to each other...wow!

Cindys Art + Soul said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Caron Michelle said...

I love the mix of textures in your designs - beautifully done!

JuLee said...

I too first saw Kristi's work on line (52 Earrings in a year). Ien got to meet her briefly at the NWBS bead show. Isn't the internet wonderful. Bringing together people with who never would have connected otherwise. Love what you did with her bails. And that I now have another interesting blog to follow,

Unknown said...

They are all so original!! A great brainstorming!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...