Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finding and losing words.....








I'm finding immense joy these days hammering words into metal. The phenomenon of metal stamping aside, I've long enjoyed using words in my work, whether it is in my paintings, my polymer clay pendants, or most recently, my metalwork.



I'm not an eloquent writer. Therefore, I think I tend to grab hold of lyrics, poetry, and books, to find my mantras. Casually scribbled onto receipts, haphazardly in the margins of to-do lists and my sketchbook, I love to pull these out and emblazon them onto jewelry.......



hoping that others find the words as captivating as I do......
The medium and the words may change....but there will always be things to say :)

4 comments:

Alice said...

Beautiful! I love the phrases you chose. I've been wanting to do metal stamping. It looks like so much fun!

stacilouise said...

I love words in jewelry- though I feel like I never have the right ones for it. So I just enjoy those who do! Love your new metal pendants, the words are perfect!

mairedodd said...

i do as well...
words can be time stamps, make connections, offer support, create community -
i love your new work!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

I've been wanting to do that..... problem is.... I have so many things I want to learn that sometimes I don't know where to start!
Love the pieces!
MaryAnn

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...