Thursday, April 12, 2012

Progress....

I've been contentedly working away in the studio this past week working on whittling away at the stash I mentioned in this post. I'm not going to try and fool you, it's taking much more time and effort than I had anticipated but I'm finding lots of bits and baubles in various states of completion and I've been enjoying the process of using up small quantities of things. It is also an excellent exercise in consumption and thinking back to why certain beads were purchased or selected.

.....pretty orphan beads are finding homes in clasps and as simple embellishments in this line of egg necklaces that will soon be on their way to a shop in NC.......


....many months ago, I spent some time making pairs of these copper hoops inspired by Native American Squash Blossom necklaces....it was a challenging balancing act that I'm now getting figured out.....

.....this lady is being used as an experiment with some finishes that I hope to translate eventually into polymer clay.....hopefully she'll also make a nice addition to my show displays as well.....





I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday in your studio.....

Don't forget to hop over to My Life Under The Bus and throw your name in the hat for the next stop on the Art Bead Love Tour.....

7 comments:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Looks like you have accomplished some of what you set out to do. My work table is in a state of "Where do I even begin? Not today! Maybe tomorrow!" I have so many half done pieces from the past year. I find myself in the middle of something and then looking at it and deciding I don't like it. I think if some things are put away long enough, a new fresh look can turn it into something you hadn't planned on. Good luck! Love the earrings!!
MaryAnn

Julie Holmes said...

I love the earrings too! I have enough unfinished projects to keep me busy for years....and I keep buying new stuff, what's up with that?

Kelli said...

Ha! Julie, I think it's just part of the creative beast! I do that too... there's always a cooler, more interesting thing to learn to do. Right now I desperately need to be making jewelry for my upcoming shows, but I keep finding myself glazing and firing beads & pendants. AND, I want to start enameling. Barbara, I admire you for hunkering down and using what you have!!!!

Mystic Indigo said...

Oh my...I don't even know where to begin...but your work is just so lovely! I feel inspired!

stacilouise said...

I love when you make jewlery. Those earrings are wonderful!!!!

mairedodd said...

great job, barbara! i have things started on my table that i should just make the commitment to finish - would be satisfying... i love the squash earrings... and the egg necklaces are adorable...

Barbara said...

I'll be working on it for years ladies! at the rate I'm going! It is a forced effort though and everytime the little idea floats into my head, "you need this to complete this" I ship it off and keep working. Some of what I'm making is not great but some of the pieces are coming out grand!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...