Monday, February 27, 2012

Its the Monday Strut..................

by staci smith


...................strut your stuff that is!

I am so happy that our very own Mary Jane added these to the group, because I really wanted to be able to feature them this month.  It's still February, and hearts are all around, but I really admire the thought and process of these.


This is what she had to say about these................

open heart

'only from the heart can you touch the sky.'
- rumi

and this one too.....

on love and rumi

'your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find
all the barriers within yourself
that you have built against it.'
- rumi

And I also picked this lovely work of art!  It an enamel piece by Zenamels, Julie Holmes, and I enjoyed the story behind it.

She writes......

Roam

This piece was inspired by my son's road trip. He's a grad student and he and his friends did their trip the college student way....little planning...economy motels...cheap rental cars. They had a ball. So glad we live where we are free to roam as we wish. I did this piece very off the cuff as well...the shape was drawn free-form (my boys say it's not unsymmetrical enough, that it looks like I was trying for symmetry and missed), the stamping was random and the finish is rough....but it's the way I intended it :)

Thanks for sharing!  There is still time to enter Strut Your STuff this month.  The winner will be announced next Monday.

Have a wonderful and creative week.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Fabulous pieces! I'm going to check out the rest of them now.

mairedodd said...

staci - thank you so much for showing my work... hearts are not a norm for me, but i was inspired by work like your own that enriched the symbol... and 'roam'! what a fabulous piece - i now can hear the b-52s... not a bad way to start your monday...

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Love the picks, Staci! Beautiful!! Also, it is great to see some familiar art jewelry as well as new.....
MaryAnn

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...