Saturday, June 4, 2011

are you soaring?


mary jane dodd


do you keep jewelry you make? do you make jewelry for yourself? i find that often, we do not... but i have this little pile of things together - red thread, a bronze lotus pendant from leann weih & a nepalese fertility bead from patty lakinsmith... red is a color known for protection, for passion... the lotus to represent the development of a human towards enlightenment... and the fertility bead is for birth - as life is oftentimes a slow process of coming into being - with bumps and starts, small steps and great leaps... 


as my workspace develops... i begin to dream... 

'i believe the most important single thing,
beyond discipline and creativity
is daring to dare.'
~ maya angelou

what are you daring to dare?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your prayer flags... and even though we've not been able to peek, I'm sure we'll all be jealous of the new space. Especially with that lovely table.

Alice said...

I never keep the jewelry I make because I feel I need to keep the cash flowing. But I do hoard beads, especially artist made beads.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh, Prayer flags! I need to find out about that. I know you keep some of your jewelry because you have pieces I covet! ~lol~
xx, Carol

Mountaindreamers said...

At some point in my youth I saw a special on a Mountain in Tibet ( Kailas) which is the holy mountain for 1/5 of the world's population . Pilgrims come to walk the perimeter and meditate. There were thousands of prayer flags in the wind. This is the roof of the world ,the home of Shiva the Destroyer, the birth place of 4 of the world's greatest rivers. A place of power. love your prayer flags!

Anonymous said...

I rarely ever make jewelry for myself. What usually happens is, I make something I really love, and then can't part with it. OR, like the beautiful little pendants that I bought from you, pictured in my last post, when I purchased them, I knew immediately they would be mine.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...