Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thinking about jewelry displays?

by Patty Lakinsmith

Happy Spring! It's showtime again, and many of you have already jumped into your 2011 show season. Every year (every show?!) I always start thinking about ways to spiff up my displays for the new show season. It's an ongoing thing for me, and I have to say I like it. And everyone knows that it's easier to sell beautifully displayed jewelry.

There are lots of great places to find inspiration. You can go to shows and see how other clever artists display their work (but ask first before taking pictures), and you can find great ideas on Rena Klingenberg's site. A while back Rena republished this article I wrote on my art show booth, and it's one of my most read pages.

Here's some great ideas I found on the Flickr site. Wondering how to display all of your floral brooches? This one knocked my socks off:

Mod Flower Brooch Topiary
Naughty Secretary's Club's jewelry garden is in full bloom.

Vintage dish jewelry display
Eco Retro Bling knows how to serve up some tasty jewelry, vintage style.

Just an ordinary cardboard box? Or perfect earring display? (2 of 2)
Weggart shows how to be green, efficient and stylish all at once with this innovative repurposing of a shipping box.

And if you're looking for ideas for the perfect jewelry show booth, this group and this group both have endless supplies of inspiration. Better clear your calendar because you're going to be browsing for hours.

Do you have some favorite jewelry display ideas that you'd like to share?

4 comments:

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

Thanks for the tips. Very helpful.

mairedodd said...

you happen to be a display aficianado yourself - i have seen the blog posts re: your set ups... they are definitely shareable! these ones are fun and quirky... i happened to get some great props lately... one from shannon levart and the other from sparkafarian...

stacilouise said...

I am FOREVER re-arranging with my display! My biggest thing is, that it take very little time to set up and tear down. I have two shows that require full set up and tear down each day, and its awful! I have it down to 1 hour!!!! Tent, carpet and all! And I think it looks nice, but I had to let go of a lot of the little props and stuff. I will blog some pics of mine today actually- its always fun to see peoples set ups!

DArsie Manzella said...

look at all those inspiring colors! At shows I enjoy looking at the creative displays as much as the artwork. Great post, it's got me looking forward to summer art festivals.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...