Sunday, December 12, 2010

Balance...

by MaryAnn Carroll

After reading Mary Jane's post yesterday, it made me think about balance in my own life.  Depending on what area of my life I'm thinking about, balance means many different things to me, but the most important need for balance in my life is with my family.  My usual routine is to go to work every day as a resource middle school teacher, come home, sometimes exercise and then either work on computer related bead business or make beads or jewelry related to that business.  I guess in some ways, I'm a workaholic.  I do, however, know that family is extremely important to me, so I also always try to find the time on weekends to be with family.  This little family member, my first born granddaughter Lacey brings me incredible joy!  Actually, just writing this makes me get a little emotional thinking about her.  It seems like not too long ago her Dad (my oldest) was this age.  For those of you who are young, with young children, remember that time goes by very fast so enjoy the time that you have with them.

Lacey is already over 3 years old and it seems just yesterday she was that 3 1/2 pound premie born 6 weeks early.  I can't remember how many weeks she spent in the the hospital before coming home with a monitor, but today, you wouldn't know it.  She is lively, bright and of course.....ADORABLE!!  I do my best to take the time out on weekends a couple of times a month to spend with her.   Here she is yesterday getting ready for the 3D version of Rapunzel (Tangled) which, by the way,
I would definitely recommend. 


And then it was off to the Build-a-Bear Workshop.  Here' Rudolph prior to being stuffed...


And right before being give his heart.... 
That's the heart that she is rubbing on her head before it goes into the reindeer :O)


And....ready to go home....his nose even lights up!!!  Next to her is her cousin Richie. 
 He often joins us on our outtings....  I love taking him along :O)


And some more Lacey news.....I make jewelry for everyone as Christmas gifts.  I try to make something that would work just right for them.  Erika, Lacey's Mom, loves pink.  Pink is just not one of my favorites so I always have a little more trouble coming up with something handmade and pink!  A few months ago Little Lacey glazed these wonderful beads.  Actually, the first group is her own design.  If you are interested, you can read a little more about that by clicking HERE.


And she also glazed this group that my son Ben made...


And for the Pink.....  This is week two of experimenting with enamel fired beads that I purchased from Barbara Lewis.....  I ordered PINK!!!  I still need practice, but I'm getting better at it :O)


And the necklace for Erika....I hope she likes it!  How could she not, it's pink and it has her daughter's own work on it :O)


Before closing, here are a couple of pics of my other two precious grandchildren. 
There still a little young to be heading out on our adventures.

Benny

Chloe

Awwwwwww!

Don't forget the drawing for tomorrow's giveaway. 
Click HERE to win these fabulous fired enameled earrings.


8 comments:

mairedodd said...

sounds like you are right on target.. the kids are precious - and your pinks are great! she is going to love the necklace...

Alice said...

It's wonderful when grandparents are close enough to stay involved with grandchildren. We are lucky to have both sets of grandparents living in the same town.

The beads are so sweet, and I'm sure mom will love the necklace.

Cute photos!!! And yes, they do grow up so fast--too fast.

Jacqueline said...

Great colors and wonderful photos.

MoonRae said...

You are most blessed.....
~Sharon~

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Thank-you! I feel very blessed to have 3 beautiful grandchildren. Having raised my own children who didn't have grandparents to do special things with, it is really important to be a good Nonnie :O)

SummersStudio said...

It's wonderful that you live so close to your children and grandchildren. I predict that Erika will love that necklace for many more reasons that it is beautiful. You've definitely made pink look good!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Thanks LeAnn! I love being close to them.....just 45 min. away :O)

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

I am a mommy to a 17 month old girl and I am in shock how grown up she is already. I hate that times goes so fast and have invested in many electronic devices to capture her cuteness before she's a yucky teenager ;-)
I would love that necklace all the more for having beads made by my daughter, such a special gift.
Shannon C

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...