Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Someone Special...

Today I want to write about a very special woman that I have had the pleasure of meeting through Etsy.  Joy McCall has overcome the odds in her own life after experiencing a serious accident 8 years ago which changed her life forever.  I first got to know a little more about Joy when I was unable to send an order out on time due to the problems that I was having with my toy poodle.  Not only was she understanding, but was genuinely concerned about my little guy. 

Well...there are certain people in life that you just click with, whether it is in your own personal life or the special connections that can be made when sharing an interest with someone that you have met online.


Joy spends some of her time creating beautiful handmade jewelry like the one above.   One way that she helps a charity called Pact Sanctuary is by selling through their jewelry shop.  In this organization, there are never less than 600 animals in their care from hamsters to horses, budgies to peacocks and various wildlife species.


Besides selling through the jewelry store, she also sells at seaside shops near her home.  Speaking of home, isn't it amazing that I can sit here in my kitchen in the US and tell you about my friend Joy who lives in the UK? (sorry...I have a tendency to go off on tangents)....

Now.....refocusing...

This gorgeous necklace with a perfect color combination like this....


...helps to support organizations like The Brooke.  The Brooke estimates that the 800,000 animals it helps every year support as many as 3.7 million people.  And every one of these people has their own story about why their animal is so important to them.


And lastly, it is beautiful jewelry such at the one shown below...


That go to help beautiful children like the child shown below.  In 1990, Brian Mullaney started a children’s charity in New York City that provided free plastic surgery for hundreds of indigent children.

In 1999, after serving for 5 years on the board of Operation Smile, Mullaney and his Co-Founder Charles Wang each resigned to start Smile Train.


I think that you will agree that Joy's heart is as beautiful as her creations.  I think that you will be touched if you check out Joy's charities of choice by clicking any of the red links above.


All pictures and statements above were taken directly from the corresponding websites.

1 comment:

Alice said...

What beautiful creations! Joy is truly an unselfish giver. We should all aspire to be more like her.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...