Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bead Fest Frenzy

by Staci Louise Smith

It's that time of year again- BEAD FEST!  The time of year I get to fill an 8' table with nothing but beads.  

In order to do this, I spend 4-6 weeks in the studio preparing for this event. This year, due to life, I got pushed back to 3.5 weeks to prep.  So, to say that I am burning the candle at both ends is an understatement. 

Thank goodness I love what I do.

So, I have beads everywhere, in all stages of completion.  






I have my mock set up ready to move beads to as they are finished.




I still have quite a few beads to finish painting, and a class to finish prepping for and samples to make, and then I have to price.  But I will do it somehow.

This year I am employing my kids a little bit.  My daughter has helped seal beads, and make my sample blanks for the class.  My youngest son has cut and bent the little wire bails that go into the beads, about 300 of them!!!  I pay them, and they enjoy the time in the studio with me, as I do too.

So, that is that.  I must get back to making the beads.  I do have these GREAT discount passes you can save and print for Bead Fest.  If you are coming, these save you $10 at the door!!!!!

If you are interested in taking my painting on polymer class, there is still time to sign up.  Registration is over Monday, August 15th at 6pm eastern time.  After that, you can sign up at the venue itself.

You can sign up for that HERE.

Wish me luck and I hope to see you at Bead Fest!  I will be at booth 572B- in the back corner of Artisan Alley with Marsha Neal, Nikki Thornburg and Diane Hawkey.  Come and see us!!!

2 comments:

Carol Dekle said...

Good luck Staci!!!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Prepping for shows is always stressful, especially when you have a setback, but once there you will be surrounded by awesome people and beads-the best way to end weeks of prep! Your new beads look amazing. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, you continuously come out with new ideas that are unique and inspiring. I will say I am a bit sad to see a sneak peak at what I will miss this year but also so excited for you and the other amazing bead artists because Bead Fest is so much fun! Have a great show!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...