Friday, April 15, 2016

3 breaths

mjd - 2016 - 3 breaths

in my young adulthood i learned the practice of stopping during the day to take 3 deep breaths. inhaling through the nose to the count of 5 and exhaling through the mouth with slightly pursed lips to the count of 7, quickly showed me how shallowly i was breathing in my constricted, tension-filled chest.  


mjd - 2016 - 3 breaths

a deep sense of peace, awareness and grounding immediately were felt and i found myself returned to the present with an awakened mind. to this day, i often notice that some of my senses are heightened for a bit afterwards. one of the greatest benefits (to my thinking) of having a practice that is grounding is how it can turn knee jerk reactions into thoughtful responses because you can take a step back from your emotions instead of being engulfed by them. we all get triggered, but at least we come at it from a more stable, less inflamed base. 

mjd - 2016 - 3 breaths

these are my interpretation of the tibetan buddhist 108 bead mala. in place of the guru bead, i have placed 3 makers (in copper, sterling or sterling and gold) to remind you of the breathing practice and to move you through it. 





5 comments:

lakesuperiorwaves said...

your words are calming. such a wonderful thing you learned. i had trouble with this when working as an elementary teacher so i bought a pretty sign that said "breathe" to put over my door across from my desk. i could see it no matter where i stood in the room. your beautiful beads and the way they are knotted are beautiful. so good to see you creating my friend.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I have suffered from insomnia my whole life, but, I started the 3 Breaths several months ago and it has helped me clear my mind on so many occasions, allowing sleep to take over. I now practice this several times a day and I am amazed at how instantly I am calmed.


I love the symbolism in these beautiful necklaces!

Gaia Copia said...

I love this up-do of the 108. More, I love the simplicity of the three metal bits and how they serve as a physical reminder to BREATHE. I often find my breathing shallow, especially when stressed or triggered and slowing down, consciously breathing always brings me back to that bigger place where I can move between witness and experiencer again. I feel inspired by these.
Emily

embroidery digitizing said...

amazing post.thanks for sharing it and the video is great.

jewelry beads for sale said...

Thanks for sharing it and the video is great.........

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...