Friday, December 6, 2013

'Twas Weeks Before Christmas

                                              by Kelli Pope
For those of you who have followed us for years, this will be a repeat.  I quickly wrote this years ago before Christmas.  As I am crazy (um.....crazi-er) trying to get ready for a big show this weekend, it seemed quite appropriate to pull it back out!  Hope you enjoy!

'Twas weeks before Christmas, and all through my place,
All creatures were running the Art Jewelry Shows race.
The copper was hammered and laid out with care,
In hopes that the hubby would soon antique it there.
My beads were all nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of bracelets danced in my head.
Barb Lewis enamels, and Miss Fickle too,
Mary Ann ceramics, greens, browns and some blue.
And me with my pliers, and tools in my lap,
I'd just settled in with with silver wire to wrap.
When out in the kitchen, there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bench to see what was the matter.

Away to the door, I flew like a flash,
Slid in the hall, and fell on my........"ash".

When what to my wondering eyes should I see,
Steve with the camera, taking jewelry photos with glee,

With his old trigger finger so lively and quick,
I yelled, "No blurries", as the camera click-clicked.

So rapid and speedy, the pictures he took,
And he laughed and shouted, "Hey! No time to look."

"More bracelets, more chokers, more earrings and such,
You're lagging behind, and you must make so much!"

"Back to the studio! Back down the hall!
They don't want jewelry that's sold at the mall!"

"Go saw, file and sand, hammer, dap, wrap and chase,
Fire up that blow torch.... OOH! Watch your face!"

"Pack for the show, and load up your truck,
Sell it all, Honey! Good sales and good luck!! "

7 comments:

salla said...

you are allowed to replay classics every year... and this is CLASSIC! love it!

malani jewelers said...

Nice designes, great work buddy keep going...

gold jewelery

Anonymous said...

My first time reading this poem and it's hilarious! Even more so, because all or parts are so true for many of us this time of year.

Thanks for the giggle break,
Lynda

mairedodd said...

brilliant!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Still love it!!!! :o)

Bobbie said...

Kelli, I got a good chuckle out of this. Hope yesterday's results were better for you than Friday's -- they were for me. Thank goodness!

Kelli said...

Thanks all! Bobbie, my show total was actually better than last years. And Fri was better for me than Sat! Go figure....

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...