Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fired up!!

                                                                       by Kelli Pope

         With no show this past weekend, it seemed like a good time to sit down, relax and glaze beads for awhile..an hour... a few hours........... BOY, do I have a lot of beads that need to be glazed!!!!  Apparently I have a lot more fun playing in the clay and making beads, than I do glazing them.    I managed to get a kiln load and 1/2 glazed, so that's a good start.  
 Glazed beads waiting for the kiln
The first look this morning.  I LOVE this part!!

 My 2 favorite focal pieces.  
                                    Beads..........
......... beads................
 ................beads...............
 ......................................beads.......................
        ........a cross.................

...........and oh yeah, MORE beads!!!    Off to check on the 2nd firing!!! 

2 comments:

stacilouise said...

Great color palette!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

I know! It is so much fun to open the kiln!!! I also enjoy making them more than glazing. Since I have been asked to have my jewelry in a popular gallery, I started making lots! I have been making them with specific jewelry designs in mind that will look cool, but not be quite so time consuming! Do you do that when making beads? In all honesty, I have just made beads based on my mood and then try to figure out a design after. I figured since they asked for a bunch, I need to have a system! I'm really excited about the opportunity :o)

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...