Saturday, November 24, 2012

reclaiming the spirit of the season



and

imagine cyber monday being used to support cottage industry - 

i smell change in the air!

i hope that by following this list & supporting cottage industry we can slowly change the face of what giving means... 

with our kids, modeling is surely everything - it takes time to reshape the idea of giving and receiving... to see the people behind the gift...

i work in shop that carries fair trade and locally made items - only ... and what i remind people of is a truism told to me by my grandmother - it's your dollar, you choose what to do with it - and when you shop this way you make a choice to support a small village, a cooperative, a non-profit.... it's all about the people -

but, wait - isn't that what it's all about anyway?

your dollar has power 

living intentionally has power -

think of what a difference you can make when you combine them -


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Occupy Black Friday....I pinned it all over my boards, large and small. What I have enjoyed are all the lovely blog updates from all over with specials and sales that have the warmth of giving that supports people and ideals that I care about. For all of you who have been writing all weekend, I have another reason to give Thanks. Blessings to all...

Linda said...

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The so called workers of those striking stores are mainly union employees (not store employees) trying to force the workers to join and therefore increasing the money to the union.

If the pay goes up to the employees so does the prices which will affect the poor greatly. My mother has worked for Wal-Mart for years and is happy with her pay and especially the benefits but if people boycott the store she could lose her job. Know before you go. Please.

Like you, I like handmade too ; ) I am making the majority of my presents and but I still need to buy certain things, especially the supplies to make them. I always try to buy Made in the USA products when available.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...