Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday's "Struttin" Showcase


We had some great entries in Strut Your Stuff this past week!!

Go take a peek if you haven't lately!! 
  
Check out this great piece by Cathie Carroll.

KANJI IN BLUE

Here is what she had to say about this BEAUTIFUL piece.......

"Years ago I saw a handmade chain in a magazine and it's been lurking in the back of my mind ever since. I finally slurged on flat Sterling wire and then held my breath as I cut it up into small bits. I torched the ends and folded them over each other. I made a chain!
For my 1st handmade chain, I wanted something really special. The Kanji disc is a kitchen sink piece. I etched Chinese poetry. I liked it but wanted more age. I tried hammering which helped, but a patina bath and mica gave me the colors, pits, and marks of time that I wanted." 

Here's another patinated lovely from our own Mary Jane Dodd!  (Wouldn't these 2 pieces make a WONDERFUL set!!! )

Untitled
Untitled

" 'nature will bear the closest inspection.
she invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf,
and take an insect view of its plain.'
- henry david thoreau -


4 comments:

Alice said...

Such lovely pieces! And yes, I think they would look so nice together.

Mystic Indigo said...

Really beautiful!!!

mairedodd said...

cathie's necklace is really beautiful - and they do make a great set!

Cathie Carroll said...

Thank you for featuring my work.
I love the folded leaf earrings they're so simple and elegant.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...