Monday, November 28, 2011

November Art Spark Winner


The winner of the November Art Spark is Deborah Lee Taylor of e5jewelry! The theme this month was gratitude and Deborah created this beautiful silver pendant called Cornucopia of Hope in memory of an act of kindness when she most needed it. This is what Deborah had to say about her creation:



I was sitting in the home depot parking lot about to go in the store, and the way the cold morning air felt , and the sun shining through the autumn leaves brought a memory back so clear to my mind, I was instantly inspired to make this piece for the challenge. Have you ever met someone who's act of kindness and trust leave an imprint on your heart forever? I did, many moons ago...at a time when I had lost all hope. I will forever be grateful for having met this person at that time in my life. We were complete strangers to one another, and through her selfless acts of kindness and trust, she brought hope back to my heart. I will never know her name, but she is in my prayers always. I am grateful for hope in my heart and hope in the world. If we did not have hope, we wouldn't have much of anything.. We hope for health, happiness and love for others and ourselves. We hope the best for our children. We hope to see the sun after the rain, the flowers in spring.. for our families to be together.. We all hope for peace in this world... Hope is the spark in all things to be grateful for.

Many thanks, Deborah for sharing your very touching story.




4 comments:

Juliette said...

Congratulations, Deborah on your beautiful design! Such a lovely story as well. :)

mairedodd said...

congratulations deborah - your work is also incredibly soulful and heartfelt...

stacilouise said...

Congrats! I am a fan of yours!!!

Deborah Lee Taylor said...

Thank you so much!! Wow is all I can say-you have surprised me again! I am so happy to have been able to get this piece finished and share the inspiration behind it with all of you. Thank you so much for your kind words on my work-it means alot to me!! Hugs!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...