Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspired by Nature- My Backyard

by D'Arsie Manzella of Mamacita Beadworks




This month's Art Spark got me thinking about the beauty of my backyard. Living in the Grape Belt of Western New York is nothing short of magical. Each day I look out on the grapes that my husband and I were married in. In addition to the vineyard views, we are right next to Lake Erie and that gives us some of the most stunning sunsets you've ever seen.

Two nights ago as I was doing my After-Kids-in-Bed Web Work and I noticed an orange pink glow outside. I stopped what I was doing, ran downstairs and snagged my hardworking husband from his own computer screen.
I was surprised at how willing he was to drop everything and go walking in the grapes. That's how vivid the sunset was. It was a super natural event. Right there in our backyard.

As we held hands beaming at the color in front of us and the dusky moon rise behind us, I was overwhelmed with joy and hope for our future. When life is spinning me, I always find peace in Mother Nature.

Here is my contribution to this month's Art Spark. I have the moon, (my hand cast pewter
Midnight bead caps). I have the grapevines and the deep orange and pink sunset colors (Batik cotton cord from OhSoFabu). Together they capture a moment I will not soon forget.




Thanks Izzy for this challenge!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You must not be too far from me, I live in Hamburg. We just drove through grape country sun. on our way to Lake Chautauqua where we spent the day at a friends house on the lake. This part of the country IS beautiful. Lake Erie, Lake Chautauqua, Niagara Falls and just an hour away from Canada. We have it all. I know those sunsets. Gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing. 8^)

. said...

This is a beautiful posting D'Arsie!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

What a touching story..... and an awesome finish with those terrifically, unique..... might I add.... VERY cool earrings!!!!
MaryAnn

Unknown said...

Being that I do not live so very far from you I know the colors you spoke of the other night and it was beautiful. I love traveling through our gorgeous part of NY and seeing all the grapevines/apple trees/corn fields and of course our gorgeous lakes. Thank you for sharing this!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...