Friday, May 20, 2011

A true art SPARK!!

by Kelli Pope



Having found myself with no clue what to write about this week, I was in a fog. I signed online and checked out our site, and our blog. I re-read D'Arsie's "Art Spark" and WHAM!!!!




I truly got an "art spark"!!!




"CONTAIN" had my brain running in high gear! The wheels started turning and I got inspired. "Contain" made me immediately think of a patinated copper, ball shaped locket from Missficklemedia. I have been saving it for months, waiting for the right inspiration. What wonderful treasure will that little locket contain for the person who purchases it? Maire Dodd's wonderful, inspiring quotes had me googling for quotes containing "contain" which would inspire me further. The first I came across was so deep, it made me think of a dear, dear friend who is dealing with a family crisis....


"The deeper sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"

Kahlil Gibran


While I feel compelled to post it for my friend, it didn't quite inspire jewelry. Then I found....


"Growth itself contains the germ of happiness" Pearl S. Buck



That one did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The patinated ball locket made me think of a "germ" of happiness. With my copper "tendril", and sterling silver flower from Hip Chick, I saw the "growth" contained in that germ.




However, as I was creating, my thoughts went to the heart, and what it can contain.

"My heart can scarce contain the joy received from God's grace, my husband's incredible love and the laughter enjoyed with family and dear friends." Kelli Pope

1 comment:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Kelli, that is an absolutely beautiful post...... You always put so much meaning into your work and it shows every time. I cannot tell you how many compliments I get every time I wear something that you created.....

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...