Sunday, April 24, 2011

explore. dream. discover.

mary jane dodd

'twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
so throw off the bowlines. sail away from the safe harbor.
catch the tradewinds in your sails. 
explore. dream. discover.'
~ mark twain


i love when i see evidence of people doing just this... taking the leap... 

this is hecate's apothecary from 'sleep no more' a play by the british theatre company punchdrunk... 'macbeth' is performed with a twist of hitchcock... done in what is called immersive theater, the audience is up and about, moving from room to room... 

this image has been on my mind all week - and i do believe that it influenced my 3 RAW earth day pieces... 

what powerful outside-of-the-box/outside-of-the-ordinary anything has influenced you lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quote.
The books 'Pattern Magic' have had a huge impact on my ideas of how things should be made. 'Standard' = boring.

VanBeads said...

About six years ago, I made my first trip to Los Angeles, California to see a very good friend. She and her boyfriend are both artists, and they took me to some absolutely beautiful and little-known art galleries and performance places. It was an amazing artistic experience and a real eye-opener for me, and I find that it still influences my work!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...