Friday, December 31, 2010

Anticipation

by Kelli Pope



" The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings." Dave Weinbaum

As the year comes to a close, I usually find myself looking forward to some "down time". Months of art shows, private showings, and making jewelry during the Fall and over Christmas usually leaves me longing for time out of the studio. While things will be less hectic, I am anticipating new projects in the new year. Early this year, with the very gracious help of Mary Ann Carroll, and some private lessons with a local potter, I made some of my own ceramic beads. It was SO much fun. I was lucky enough to be at the potter's when they opened the kiln after firing the last of my beads. It's like that feeling of seeing all the gifts under the tree on Christmas morning when you're a child. WOW!!!! It was SO cool!!!

I knew I was hooked, and would have to create more. And I knew I could do better. These are my first runs.


"All glory comes from daring to begin." Eugene F. Ware


I've said all year, my goal was to purchase a kiln, and start that new adventure. Unfortunately, as often happens, life got in the way, and I did not get my kiln. But I anticipate it will be a purchase in 2011. Until that happens, I have a WONDERFUL friend who has agreed to fire my beads for me. So instead of "down time" this winter, I'll be making beads, and will finally, finally, finally get to play with some of the beautiful patinas I purchased from Shannon LeVart. Can't WAIT to see the creations, that now, I can only imagine.


" Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." Maya Angelou

May you all have a very successful 2011.

2 comments:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

I think you did wonderful the first time~ I couldn't believe how beautiful (and planned) you designs were... It inspired me to actually think about jewelry that I could create when making my own beads rather than only making them for what others might like. I actually did make a group just recently for a design that I hope comes out the way I want it to!

Jen Judd said...

These are great little starts...can't wait to see what follows! I would love to be more of a bead-maker in 2011...time to find my focus. Or, after I have some more coffee it'll be time to find that focus. haaaaaaaa

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...