mary jane dodd
'every one is a moon,
and has a dark side which he never shows to anyone.'
~ mark twain
i love using stones in my work, they add depth of meaning and a special beauty... i decided i wanted to be able to set cup bezels... and so i did...
solder can be intimidating - there are all different kinds: paste, wire, sheet... they melt at different temperatures to allow for the creation of multiple joins...
look for a prize related to this as a part of june's art spark!
I started learning to solder with Stephanie Lee's online course, but things came up and I never got to finish. I need to take a class in person with someone who can teach me the ropes because I really want to take my jewelry to the next level.
ReplyDeleteI love your bezel cups and the tiny little gems you tucked inside them!!!
MJ those are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo very lovely...
ReplyDeleteAnd we do all have a dark side, like the moon.
Just beautiful! The colors are mesmerizing and the little gems precious!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! I love the patina? or are these painted? Anyway, they are striking! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI would love to learn soldering. I mean really learn it not just play and make a mess. I really should ask my dad to show me he has been soldering circuit boards since I could walk, maybe even before that.
ReplyDeleteShannon C
These are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what June's Art Spark will be~
ReplyDeleteI will be taking on a course in September and I cant wait!!
ReplyDelete